Frequently Asked Questions
In order to add a new user to your ShiftNote account, you must Company or Location Admin access to the location(s) you wish to add them to.To add the new user, go to the Admin icon in the upper right of your screen, then click Add New User. Enter their first and last name, and email address, then choose their access level and location. They should receive an email shortly after with instructions on how to access the new ShiftNote account.
In order to change the daily log category header(s) in your ShiftNote account, you must have Company Admin access to the location(s) you wish to change the categories in. To change the daily log category headers, go to Admin icon in the upper right corner and the click locations. Click the edit button on the right side of the location you want to edit and then click the category settings tab at the top. Here you can edit the category name, delete a category or move them around by dragging and dropping them in a new order. To add a new category, enter the category name at the top and click add.
We would be happy to help you customize your daily log. If you send us the categories you would like to add and/or remove, and for which location(s), we can have this setup for you. If you would like to have the same setup at multiple locations, let us know, and we have an easy button we can push to replicate the setup to your other locations. Feel free to email us at ShiftNote Support.
In order to change the stats in the daily log in your ShiftNote account, you must have Company Admin access to the location(s) you wish to change the Stats in. To change the stats, go to Admin icon in the upper right corner and the click locations. Click the edit button on the right side of the location you want to edit and then click the stat settings tab at the top. Here you can edit the stat, delete a stat or move the stat around by dragging and dropping them in a new order. To add a new stat, enter the stat name under the add a stat drop down link at the top. Fill out the information and check boxes if you would like to see WTD, LW or YTD views as well then click Add or Update at the bottom of of the Stat Settings box. To create a stat heading click the Add / Edit Stat Heading and assign the stat to that heading under the stat edit or when you add the stat.
We would be happy to help you customize your stats in the daily log. If you send us the categories you would like to add and/or remove, and for which location(s), we can have this setup for you. If you would like to have the same setup at multiple locations, let us know, and we have an easy button we can push to replicate the stats to your other locations. Feel free to email us at ShiftNote Support.
When entering a Task Name and Details click either Recurring or One Time.
Go to m.shiftnote.com or click on the Mobile Site Link on the bottom of ShiftNote.
If you’d like to add a bookmark/icon to the ShiftNote mobile site on your mobile device home screen,
follow the instructions here.
In the Daily Log click the attachment (paper clip) in the upper left corner of the Daily Log entry box. Choose your attachment from the pop up box and the click open. After completing your notes in the Daily Log entry hit the save button.
In order to add-on features to your ShiftNote account, you must have Company Admin access to the location(s) you wish to update. Click the Admin icon in the upper right corner and the click locations on the left hand side navigation bar. Next click the edit button on the right side of the location you want to edit and then click the Features tab at the top. To add or remove, click the On/Off box in from of the feature you want to turn on.
Premium Add-on Features
- Scheduler: Create schedules and allow employees to trade shifts, request time off, and view their schedules online. Turning the Scheduler on will also turn on the Bulletin Board feature and add $30.00 a month, per location to your invoice. The $5 per month for the Bulletin Board is included in the Scheduler pricing.
- Bulletin Board: The Bulletin Board is an employee portal in which management can post messages to the team and employees can log in to see them. $5 per month, per location will be added with this feature turned on.
Free Add-on Features
- Accountability: See who has read the Daily Log entries that you and others have entered.
- Forecaster: Add a week’s worth of data at once. Push and pull data from daily log and or schedules.
- Cash Count: Keep record of your cash drawers for each shift on the Daily Log.
- Deposit Drop: Record deposits for each day on the Daily Log.
- Petty Cash: Record your petty cash usage on the Daily Log.
- Change Order: This feature provides a section on the Daily Log to enter change orders from the bank. This will create two tasks in the to-do list, one to verify the change order when received, and another to pull and drop the change order.
- Employee to Manager Messaging: This feature provides a section on the employee side to be able to message managers and the ability for managers to be able to message employees.
- Employee to Employee Messaging: This feature provides a section on the employee side to be able to message other employees.
On the Home Screen click the Meeting Topics header on the left. All meeting topics will display on right panel.
- Internet Explorer 9+ to latest stable version
- Firefox – 3.6+ to latest stable version
- Chrome – 1+ to latest stable version
The act of creating work schedules for employees online instead of using a desk calendar, Excel, or pen and paper. Many companies have transitioned to online employee scheduling for manager/employee convenience and to save time creating the actual schedules.
- 75% faster scheduling
- Employees are notified when a schedule is published and can access it on their own mobile devices
- Easier team communication
- Increased employee accountability for showing up to shifts
- The ability to schedule anywhere, anytime
- Shift changes are easy and seamless
- You can create employee schedule templates to save even more time
- Labor and sales tracking and forecasting
1: Know labor hours needed to successfully fulfill a shift while keeping labor costs in mind
2. Create a schedule template by placing certain positions where you need them throughout each shift (this ensures the shift gets enough coverage)
3. Gather employee availability
4. Fill in the schedule template with the appropriate employees available for each shift
A one-stop-shop for management communication, tasks, checklists, events, and tracking important data (like sales and labor). Managers mainly use a log book for shift notes, which help each shift run smoothly.
- Ability to create shift notes online
- Sales and labor tracking and forecasting
- Assigning tasks and checklists online
- Attaching and storing important documents
- Team communication and messaging
- Meeting topic tracking
- Daily reports on shifts
- Event calendar
- Petty cash log
- Deposit drop and cash counts
- Broadcast messages and announcements
- Accountability for reading shift notes
- Clearly state whom the shift note involves
- Stick to the facts - since shift notes will be stored and documented
- Answer the who, what, when, where, and why
- Address anything important to note during the shift
If your manager created an account for you, you should receive an email with instructions to log in. If you do not receive this email, first check your junk/spam folder, and if you still do not see it, go to your manager and ask them to provide your username and temporary password in order to log into your account for the first time. Then go to www.shiftnote.com and click the Sign In button in the upper right corner. Enter your ShiftNote ID and temporary password then hit the sign in button.
If you still have problems – just contact ShiftNote Support, we’d be glad to help!
If you have an access code, go to www.shiftnote.com and click the Sign In button in the upper right corner. Under the Log In fields there should be a link labeled “Have your Access Key but need an account?” Click this link. Fill out the short form and enter your access key. Once a manager approves your account, you should receive an email with instructions to log in.
If you do not have an access key, and your manager created an account for you, you should receive an email with instructions to log in. If you did not receive this email, first check your junk/spam folder, and if you still do not see it, go to your manager and ask them to provide your username and temporary password in order to log into your account for the first time. If all else fails – just contact ShiftNote Support, we’d be glad to help!
Check to make sure the daily report email did not accidentally get placed into the spam/junk folder. Also make sure that there were new entries made in the daily log for the previous day and location(s) in which the report is being sent for. Lastly, contact ShiftNote Support if you continue to have this challenge.
If no one has replied to the entry, anyone with Company Admin access can remove it. If someone has replied to the log entry or if you still need assistance, have someone with Company Admin access contact ShiftNote Support with permission to delete the entry.
If you notice that you are no longer receiving your morning Daily Reports via email, or missing any other alerts or email messages from ShiftNote, check your junk/spam folder to make sure they are not accidentally being sent there. If the messages are no where to be found, next go to your account settings located directly under your name. Once in your settings verify your email address and/or mobile number is entered correctly and verified. Then click the daily report and locations tab at the top of the screen. Check to make sure you have a daily report scheduled to be set out under My Daily Reports area. If No Daily Reports are scheduled to go out you can add the reports you want to receive and the specific times just under the My Daily Report area. Remember to click Save Settings at the bottom of the page.
Lastly if you are still having trouble recieving emails from ShiftNote check with your IT department or whomever handles your email to see if the ShiftNote email is on your email server blocklist, and make sure it is added to the whitelist. Feel free to contact ShiftNote Support with your email address you have assigned to your ShiftNote account, and we will check to see if your email is on our blocklist. This happens from time to time for whatever reason, and we can easily have it removed.
If you notice your ShiftNote account is running slower than normal, email the following information to ShiftNote Support.
- Go to http://ww1.shiftnote.com/browserinfo.htm and copy and paste the information that you see on the screen.
- Go to http://speedtest.net and click the “BEGIN TEST” button. Once this test is done running, list the upload and download speed.
- Is this happening at any other locations or on any other computers / devices?
In order to upload a document, you must have at least one folder created. To create a folder, you must have Company Admin access to your location. There is an add/edit folders link under the select folders drop down you can use to create new folders
Billing & Pricing
Volume discounts and flexible billing are available to fit your needs. You can choose between quarterly and annual billing. Each location can be invoiced separately or all locations together. We accept major credit cards and check payments.
- Click Admin Icon in Top Menu
- Go to Billing tab on the left hand yellow navigation bar
- Choose the invoice you want to review under the Invoices Paid heading
- Invoices that are not paid will be displayed under Invoices Due and will have a link allowing you to pay by credit/debit card
- ShiftNote will display the last year worth of invoices
We do not provide refunds.
We have special volume pricing for multiple locations. For more information on pricing please contact one of our members of the sales team.